So 2016 was a huge year for my new business. I am so honored to have my photos being featured by photographers and used by businesses I respect!
One of the best things that happened to me professionally (besides staying super busy with such awesome clients) was getting recognized by the Life + Lens blog on Instagram and Facebook for one of the one year cake smash photos that I took this past December.
Another significant highlight has been taking photos for the Kidorable brand. Kidorable had a contest for brand ambassadors in August. After seeing them advertise their products years ago on Good Morning America’s weekly deals, I submitted a few pictures of my children playing with the only Kidorable items we actually owned: two umbrellas.
In addition to looking for cute kids, Kidorable had really specific characteristics they were looking for on the photography side. I’ve been one of the few brand ambassadors to be featured regularly and prominently on their Instagram, Facebook feeds and cover photo, and e-mail lists. (I may even be getting to do a Giveaway with them, so stay tuned for that!)
In my mere six months of operating TCJ Design, I’ve learned a few things about myself and my relationship with photography. Here they are, in no particular order.
- I love documenting relationships.
- I also like preserving history.
- I enjoy the challenge of capturing real smiles rather
than posed smiles.
- I love hearing the story of each couple I photograph.
- I love playing with children.
- I want moms to be in more photos.
- I am amazing by the unique personality of each family I photograph.
- I can learn a lot about people by just spending one hour with them.
- I enjoy working with businesses (so send some my way who are looking for someone to document their work for websites, social media, etc.!)
I hope I get the chance to experience one of these insights with you!